
They say the first year of candidature is the honeymoon period. You enjoy the novelty, the 'free time', the easy life of a student, reading all the great great books. Then comes the second year when the clock starts ticking, and you start feeling the panic. I'm in the middle of this second year now, and the ticking clock is getting very loud, and I'm getting very panicky indeed. And a range of feelings I've never in my life felt before, or to such an extent. Uncertainty, self-doubt, despair, depressed. And sometimes it's the thought of finally finishing that is keeping me going. The thought of all those who'd loved and supported me through the years. Those who helped me get to where I am now. And it's such thoughts that remind me not to give in, give way, and give up. And I am kept going especially by S., without whom, and it is to S. that I dedicate my thesis, my PhD. And no matter what, I must complete this dedication.
And they say the final year is the worst. O-o. :(
___
Anyway. For those who are sick of the propaganda churned out by the Straits Times everyday, do bookmark this fantastic website for your daily dose of critical news commentary: The Online Citizen. For those who're writing argumentative compositions or GP essays, this will be a useful resource. For those who do not want to remain a dumbed-down, propagandized robot, this will be an indispensable weapon. Spread the word far and wide. Of course, there's another reason why I'm plugging this website. But that shall be for another day.
And a quick hello to everyone reading this. Good luck for your coming exams, and send my love to one and all. I know... student life is hard. But it's also the best. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment