First up, some good news. My paper has been accepted and I shall be presenting it at this 4-day conference :) The next good news is the uni has agreed to pay for me. weeeeeee.

Thus I'll be in KL from 20-25 Aug; wondering if I should do a few days' stop over in Singapore and say hello.
I'll be in these following places in these other days:
14-26 Jul: Melbourne (to see Phil and S is coming down from the UK, and we can all talk about my thesis)
19 Nov-2 Dec: Rome and Venice (because on the way to Britain)
2 Dec-22 Dec: Britain (3-month sojourn, will teach a class for S, then present two seminar papers)
23 Dec-2 Jan: Norway (because very near Britain, and because I can't wait to see Samna and Hakon again)
3 Jan-15 Feb: Britain (more research ...)
(mid-Feb possibly New Delhi to deliver a conference paper) ...
... before returning to Sydney on 28 Feb 2009, and what do you know, one year's gone, and i'd be in my second year of candidature.
I submitted my paper for another conference in October in Austria, and I'll know in three weeks' if I've been accepted. Papers are refereed and will be published, so as we say, die die must go if can go!
No comments:
Post a Comment